Liverpool Housing Trust
In 2011 Fieldway Supplies re-tendered for its electrical installation framework appointment with Liverpool Housing Trust. We had held the appointment for the previous four years and had become fully integrated member of the collaborative delivery team. Our intimate understanding of the client’s aims and objectives was reflected in our tender for the new framework appointment.
Fieldway demonstrated Value for Money with very competitive fixed annual inclusive rates and a high quality service as follows”
- Dedicated 365 day 24 7 Customer out of hours call monitoring and reporting
- Good Approach to flexible working patterns.
- Clear understanding of the contract requirements and a focus on proactive identification and completion of repairs.
- Efficient and customer focused working practices underpinned by Information Technology and telecommunication systems including approach to work scheduling, advance customer notifications and appointment reminders.
- Clear understanding of vulnerable customers needs and tailoring services and consultation and engagement with support providers, scheme managers etc.
- Clear approach to undiagnosed or poorly diagnosed repairs.
- Clearly demonstrated ownership of the complaints procedure including investigation, outcome and corrective action.
- Enhanced Customer care with all operatives being CRB checked and could offer a solution to the inherent nature of the industry having mostly male operatives by offering chaperoned visits.”
Our framework appointment requires us to carry out new installations, planned maintenance responsive repairs (24 hr cover call out) to over 600 properties throughout the North West region.
Under this framework we deliver solutions to sheltered and supported along with houses of multiple occupancy (HMOs). We have six operatives allocated full time to the delivery of services under this framework.
Key challenges we face on this appointment include:
We have, by working with the client, established a comprehensive database of contact details for the building occupants.
We utilise this database to make firm appointments for gaining access and this has significantly improved our first time access key performance indicator.
On the occasions where we cannot gain access we leave a multi-language visit card to guide the occupant into our procedure for arranging a return visit.
Communication with Occupants from a wide range of Nationalities and Cultures
Our operatives are all trained in the use of the client’s translation books; this ensures effective communication with all occupants.
Our operatives are also Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checked and receive tool box talks on Customer Care.
Dealing with vulnerable groups
We recognise that we operate in an inherently male industry sector. We therefore include in our service offering the ability to offer chaperoned visits wherein a potentially vulnerable occupant can be assured and accompanied during the work by one of our customer liaison officers.