Client : Southway Housing Trust
Sector : Social Housing
Service : Active Fire Maintenance
Location : Manchester
We were appointed in April 2020 as Southway Housing Trust’s fire alarm and emergency lighting contractor to service and maintain all fire assets within their 6,000 properties. We were awarded the contract via a competitive tender process on the Fusion 21 Framework and are responsible for maintaining equipment including fire alarms, emergency lighting, extinguishers, AOVs, gates and barriers, door entry systems, CCTV, auto doors, air conditioning, lighting conductors, solar panels and nurse call systems.
To ensure we have the capability to manage these varying equipment types across an array of specialisms, we utilise our pool of multi-skilled engineers. They have been trained to service, maintain and repair all types of assets to allow for flexibility in our service offering. As a result we can easily induct new engineers onto the contract of required and will always have cover available in instances of absence.
As part of our agreement with Southway Housing Trust, Fieldway signed up to the Zero Carbon Manchester Act. To ensure we deliver a responsible, sustainable contract for Southway Housing Trust we:
- reduce our carbon footprint by using locally resourced engineers.
- ensure that all works are planned smartly, allocated by postcode wherever possible.
- have renewed our fleet within the last year to low emission vehicles.
- task our Buyer with ensuring that all contract materials are responsibly resourced.
- have implemented delivery routes from suppliers that are planned to take the shortest route to our stores facility.
In April 2021, for Southway Housing Trust we completed 92 service visits. Our engineers attended 100% of all repair calls within the required service level agreement; completing 96% of those repairs on the first visit.